In India, Russia, Turkey and a host of other places, chai means tea. In the US, we say “chai” when referring to masala chai, a traditional Indian spiced tea.
Blue Willow Chai comprises a complex blend of premium Estate teas and spices to recreate a classic Indian Masala Chai derived from a Himalayan recipe. The teas create a bold base that flourishes with the addition of spices. Cardamom, whole cloves, ginger root, cinnamon, whole star anise and allspice are freshly milled and blended in small, 60lb. batches at our plant. The exotic flavor combines a smooth taste of tea with invigorating spice. While the tea is Blue Willow Chai brings caffeine to the blend, the high proportion of spices dramatically lowers the caffeine content so the beverage has a soothing effect that is sure to warm the heart. Chai’s popularity, both iced and hot, has risen quickly and for good reason. Try these recipes for ideal preparation.
Suggested brewing hot: (serves 2)
• Add 2-3 heaping tsp. Chai per 8 oz. cold water
• Bring to boil and lower to simmer for 15 minutes
• Add 8 oz. milk or dairy substitute
• Re-simmer for 5-7 minutes, careful not to scorch the milk
• Strain through a fine sieve
• Add sugar to taste and enjoy
Suggested iced preparation: (makes 4 servings)
• Add 5 tsp. Chai to 2 cups water
• Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add sugar towards the end
• Strain through a fine sieve.
• Refrigerate until cold
• Pour equal parts chai mix and milk over ice and enjoy
Pure Ceylon tea is blended with Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans to create this aromatic blend....
British diplomat and statesman Charles, Second Earl of Grey, is said to have received the...
Every tea merchant tends to create their own proprietary blend to reflect a certain flavor...