In India, Russia, Turkey and a host of other places, chai means tea. In the US, we say “chai” when referring to masala chai, a traditional Indian spiced tea.
Blue Willow Maple Chai comprises a complex blend of premium Estate teas and spices to recreate a classic Indian Masala Chai derived from a Himalayan recipe. The teas create a bold base that flourishes with the addition of spices. Cardamom, whole cloves, ginger root, cinnamon, whole star anise and allspice are freshly milled and blended in small, 60lb. batches at our plant. The exotic flavor combines a smooth taste of tea with invigorating spice. This recipe is lightly sweetened with pure maple powder, which is made by a small family sugar house in Vermont. While the tea in Blue Willow Maple Chai brings caffeine to the blend, the high proportion of spices dramatically lowers the caffeine content so the beverage has a soothing effect that is sure to warm the heart. Chai’s popularity, both iced and hot, has risen quickly and for good reason. Try these recipes for ideal preparation.
Suggested brewing hot: (serves 2)
• Add 2-3 heaping tsp. Chai per 8 oz. cold water
• Bring to boil and lower to simmer for 15 minutes
• Add 8 oz. milk or dairy substitute
• Re-simmer for 5-7 minutes, careful not to scorch the milk
• Strain through a fine sieve
• Add sugar to taste and enjoy
Suggested iced preparation: (makes 4 servings)
• Add 5 tsp. Chai to 2 cups water
• Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add sugar towards the end
• Strain through a fine sieve.
• Refrigerate until cold
• pour equal parts chai mix and milk over ice and enjoy
The tea leaves of Assam are large and thick when compared to the Chinese variety,...
One of our most popular teas! The leaves of the Black Honey Oolong are gorgeous,...
Pure Ceylon tea is blended with Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans to create this aromatic blend....